Grant Proposal Submission is now closed.
ENTELLIGENCE is a program for basic science, translation, and/or clinical research in the field of cardiopulmonary medicine. The program provides opportunities for individual young investigators to promote quality medical care and enhance patients' lives by supporting research in pulmonary hypertension (PH) related to expanding our knowledge of the pathways involved in pulmonary vascular pathobiology. ENTELLIGENCE is led by a Steering Committee comprised of leaders in the field of PH.
More about the ENTELLIGENCE Program »
Young Investigator Award
The Actelion ENTELLIGENCE Young Investigator Program provides individual grants of up to $100,000 each to qualified investigators to conduct research via a 12-month mentored grant. Eligibility criteria include:
- Be a United States (US) citizen, a permanent US resident, a Canadian citizen, or permanent Canadian resident at time of LOI submission. Applicants with nonimmigrant visas are not eligible to apply
- Be engaged principally in basic science, translation and/or clinical research with a proposal aimed at understanding the pathways and pathophysiology of pulmonary vascular disease
- Have no more than 5 years of experience beyond his/her first faculty appointment at the start of the award (as of July 1st of the award year)
- Applicants must have completed their primary research training (PhD or sub-specialty fellowship training) by July 1st of award year and have a firm commitment from their home institution for mentored career development. Applicants can be a junior faculty member (up to and including the rank of Assistant Professor), postdoctoral scholar, doctoral candidate or fellow
- Not be an employee of a commercial entity (eg, pharmaceutical company)
- Submit only one ENTELLIGENCE research proposal per application round
- Past winners will not be allowed to submit another LOI during the subsequent award cycle
- The awardee must be able to receive the award directly in his/her name
- Site: University or research institute; US or Canada
- Length and Budget: The project must be achievable within the time frame (1 year) and budget
allocation ($100,000) of the ENTELLIGENCE program. Additional funding sources are acceptable
and must be clearly indicated in the proposal.
- Focus: Develop a better understanding of/approach to disorders of pulmonary vascular biology;
bridge funding, therapeutic drug trials, or registry trials will not be funded
- Research type: Basic science, translation, and/or clinical
- Mentor: Applicant must be supervised by an appropriate mentor
Grants are awarded by the Steering Committee and based on scientific merit, originality, feasibility, and applicability to the problem of pulmonary hypertension. Submission of a letter of intent (LOI) is the first step in the process. LOI applicants who are selected by the Steering Committee are invited to submit a full grant proposal.
Previous Award Winners
Established in 2005, this successful program has funded many programs to date in the field of pulmonary hypertension.
More about previous award winners »
The Actelion ENTELLIGENCETM program is supported through an educational grant from Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc.